Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hooray for sunshine!!




We had a week of rain and dark skies. The sun finally came out yesterday, but the forecast is for rain again in a couple of days. I feel so much better when the weather is nice and I can get out and take a walk. Today is my day to stay in my studio until I get some work done for my businesses cardsonline@etsy.com and Photographs and Cards by Faye.
It seems I now have something to do or someplace to be every day of the week. I love what I do, but sometimes I need to just "be". That's when I can just daydream and do nothing.
On Monday I went to work with the gang at the Friends of the Library to sort books for upcoming booksales and online sales. It is a joy to work with these friends who make me laugh. We keep reminding ourselves that we need to stop taking things so seriously; life is meant to be enjoyed.
Yesterday I was volunteering at the Gallery on the York. Being surrounded by the creative art produced by the artists is such an inspiration. I love Hazel Camp's watercolors. There was one that make me smile yesterday--it was a large vase of flowers and was done in shades of purple. I had not noticed it before, but it jumped out at me and produced all kinds of lovely thoughts and feelings.
Well, enough for today.
Faye

No comments:

Post a Comment