Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Card Maker



As a card maker, I'm always looking for inspiration to come up with a new card or a new line of cards. I try to be constantly adding something new to my catalog. Since I've been making and selling cards for four years now and have a fairly large inventory, I'm adding some of those cards along with new creations.

My favorite cards are the note cards or greeting cards that use my photographs on the front. The front of the card can be removed from the card and you have a small photograph. I especially love the beautiful flowers that I have and continue to photograph. I get a lot of special requests for a special creation. I have used old photographs provided to me by the buyer to be used on the front of the card for birthdays and anniversaries.

I saw one woman was in the card section of a local department store trying to find a 60th anniversary card, with no luck. She said she had looked everywhere. I told her I would love to make the card for her, which I did. She provided the feeling she wanted and some key words for the inside message. She was delighted with the card, and I had a new customer with some referrals.

So long for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment