Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Thinking....



This is the latest card I've added to my online catalog at cardsonline.etsy.com. The picture on the front is a photograph I took on our Alaska trip a couple of years ago.

I read an article this morning that talked about the need for relationships and how isolated people have become since the invention of the Internet. All communication is done by e-mail, text messages, cell phone, facebook....you get the idea. No more long (or short) handwritten letters; no more cards that you choose for that certain person, write a few words (or your name)--if you remember you send a quick e-card. No more opening that envelope and reading and re-reading the letter or card.

I'm as guilty as anyone else. I make note cards and greeting cards and even have a website to sell them, but rarely send them to friends and family. I'm going to work on remedying that. Hope you will think about it and make it a goal to send those cards and letters--and if you need to purchase the cards, go to my online catalog and purchase a supply. If you'll send me an e-mail at cardsonline@cox.net telling me that you read about my cards at this blog, there will be no shipping charges.

Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment